Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Serdamba & Dean invaded the Blackmarket

Former M-elevens and other folk (Dean's family and friends) might know Serdamba. Today Dean and Serdamba went to the blackmarket. Dean's main mission today was to get some new shoelaces for his shoes. Serdamba need to get a new 10 Liter container to hold water. Not much has changed there. It is still the kind of place where it is best to know where one is going or at least to look like one knows where one is going. Serdamba and I bought all the items we needed and made it through snag-free.

I also hung out with Roland Mendoza this morning and accomplished some of the tasks I needed to complete for the working permit at my new job. Tomorrow I may meet Roland again to do some more of this stuff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember our little adventure when you were at Santos ad "the dragon" girl was there. And as these guys were kind of pushing-past-but-robbing-us at the same time, she says "Whoo-hoo! Someone's tickling me!"

Yeah, they stole my plane ticket back to Japan that time. But hey -- were nice enogh to return my passport. Remember that? the thief walks back, hands me my passport and says "Uuchlaarai" and then turns his back and walks away, and the guy in the nearest stall sya, to the thief walking away with my $500 ticket, "yamar khalamjtai yum be?" To that type of BS sentiment I flip "the bird!!"

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home