Friday, August 25, 2006

Next time you'll get your food!

I hung out yesterday with Roland. We've both lived in Mongolia for quite some time and alternate between expat type restaurants and Mongolian restaurants. We chose a Mongol restaurant this time we chose a place in the 10th district. The atmosphere was nice. No jerkwads in the place.

I ordered some khaan coffee, burmel schnitzel (burmel, means breaded in Mongolian), and some parantha bread. Roland ordered Indian coffee, one bing, and gulayash.

I got the coffee and schnitzel minus the parantha. Roland got the Indian coffee and bing minus the gulayash. So after I finished my schnitzel, we asked for the bill and our waitress for our bill. She said it came to 7,000 and we pointed that Roland's goulash and my parantha never came. She asked us if we still wanted them; we said "no thanks" and she deducted them from our bill as a result. Still a good place. I think Roland and I might go there perhaps on a double date or some such. As we were leaving some Mongolian woman who I think is the manager did the little covering the mouth thing some Mongolian women do and said in English "Next time you'll get your food."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, right. "Next time you'll get your food" -- IF we remember and give a damn that we our job is actually to serve our customers, she means... I don't miss Mongolian customer service, I'll tell you that, my friend. You sound like you're having a great time back there, though. Hey, we're having an FOM meeting probably tomorrow night or the next night -- I'l bring up that you might want to help out on occassio with distribution of books to schols or whatever. Cool? Spock ya' late-RO!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Dean said...

hey Ariel,

Yep! Customer service is definitely a new thing on the menu here. If at all. About FOM. feel free to spock those people you know my email and then they can contact me if they choose. Or I can email them if you give me their contact info. Either way.

Laters

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try smunson@friendsofmongolia.org . Although I'm not sure exactly what's going on at this point. They said they're going to hire a Mongolian national part-time for something or other and there's someone else who's already been in Mongolia... I don't know. To some degree it's just people that have been there for a few years continuing to work with the same people they have been for the past few years; and the rest of us trying to figure out how to crack through the shell and catch their attention long enough to propose new ideas... I think I'm dropping out after this year.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home