Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I don't need somebody to tell me my name is Roland

So it was in early March just before my birthday on the 2nd that I went to the Chinggis for the first time in about 2 years or so. I went there with Roland, one English guy named Dave, two Swedish guys and three Brazilians. Everybody except for Roland were staying at the UB Guesthouse. We took up most of two tables.
While eating our assorted T-Bone steaks and drinking beer, my ex-girlfriend came over to say hi. We were talking a bit. Roland and I whipped out our Mongolian and spoke a bit with her. She kept on asking if Roland was really Roland. She kept on saying he looked different. She was saying last time he wasn't wearing glasses. I said that he still looks like Roland and he said that he was always wearing glasses the whole time he was in Mongolia. There was still some confusion. Finally after much discussion, she said "aagh, tii tiim khuun Roland!" That roughly translates as "aagh, yeah that is Roland!" Later Roland and I were hanging out another day at another venue and he said "I don't need somebody to tell me my name is Roland."

Later the Swedish guys, the three Brazialians, (1 guy, 2 girls) Dave, and I went to the Hollywood which was to packed and ended up at the Tornado. On the way I needed to find someplace to urinate as it was a long walk from Chinggis. So I found a bush about 200 feet west of the Sansar tunnel. One of the Brazilian girls needed to go so she went behind the same bush with the Brazilian guy and I scoping the approach for passerbys. Overall it was a moderately crazy night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home