Saturday, September 16, 2006

The school invaded Terelj

Roland, most of the Russian teachers, some of the 6th grade classes and I went on a day trip of Terelj last Saturday. We started our journey at 9:45 a.m. I managed to snag the front seat of the bus for Roland and I. It provided a cool view of the journey to Terelj. We stopped off at a place owned by some Kazakhs that had an eagle there and two camels. Most of the children and all the Russian teachers rode the camels. I didn't get on as I had ridden one in Moron (the Aimag Center of Khuvsgol last summer. We went to Terelj after that; I did a bit of scampering about on the rocks. Then we went back to the Tuul river and had a picnic. We broke down into two groups: the students and the adults. The homeroom teachers stayed with their classes to make sure the kids don't hurt themselves. The majority of the teachers went off further into the scrub where we had our picnic. There was food and drink. It was the first meeting of the school year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home