Saturday, September 16, 2006

Early Morning in June

Looking back it was on June 13th that Serdamba and I met Tim and Sam. I wanted to meet them because I was helping a young woman I know earn enough money to go to school in UB. Plus I knew Serdamba needs the money for his school as well. Tim and Sam are an English couple on honeymoon. I had met them on the lonely planet thorntree. They found my posts to be informative, and asked me if I knew any Mongolian herders and if I could them prepare their journey in Mongolia. I told them that I do know herders and that I can help them in any way possible. They're travelling around the world practicing skills they learned in England. The Mongolian portion of their honeymoon was undertaken to perfect their horseriding skills and to learn how Mongolians do it.

So Serdamba and I knew that they were coming and had promised we would be there to greet them as they get off the train. They were the last people to get off. I had written on a portable calender I got from MIAT (Tim and Sam) in large letters so that they can distinguish Serdamba and I from all the other people meeting people and such at the train station. In the end we met them and took them to the UB Guesthouse. They were tired from their journey, but later that night we met up with them and went to a pub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home